I adjusted the pattern for Jeremy’s breeches and cut out the velvet last night, then serged all of the edges. Luckily this velvet is not leaving velvet “bugs” everywhere like I imagined it would. No progress has been made on the embroidery plans therefore the bottom bands were not cut out in case I am embroidering the fabric first. I’ve prepped some of the scraps to test out doing a welt pocket on the breeches as I’ve never done one in velvet.
I started the stomacher for the stays as well. It is a lovely peach taffeta machine embroidered in blue silk thread. I’m hoping to get that together as well this week. The silk lining on the corset is still in progress as I’ve had little time for my own projects. Hopefully I’ll be able to share photos soon.
Save-the-date cards will go out soon to our out-of-town wedding guests.