Medieval-oid gown: last minute help
A friend of mine needed to make a new gown in a week. She came over with the mock-up ready to be fitted and we dove into pressing, cutting, and stitching it together. One night we got everything cut and serged.
I took half a day and put it together and inserted boning along the seamlines & then another day half a day to add all the trim & grommet. The sleeves were done in another half day and then grommeted for a quick closure using spiral lacing.
The wind kept picking up her gauze veil:
These are the in-progress shots without the sleeves & with things still pinned that needed hand stitching. She took photos at their event so eventually I’ll have some with sleeves to share on this blog.